It's finally starting to feel like spring here. I've been SO tired of putting on a million layers/ multiple pairs of pants/socks and freezing cold when I hop in the shower after a chilly early morning run. Yesterday morning it was above 32* outside when I started my run @ 6am and it felt amazing! I really hope it sticks around, but it was 15* on my run this morning so who knows what the weather will be like for the rest of this week....I'm guessing we'll get a mix of: snow/rain/ice/sunshine/bluebird sky/ cloudy. Oh well. Spring weather will be here before we know it! SERIOUSLY! It will be!
247.52 miles for the month of March is pretty exciting! My year-to-date running mileage is: 662. 37! How many miles did you run in March? Best accomplishment for the month? I think mine is probably getting over my sinus infection and still getting in two 60+ mileage weeks!
Speaking of running...how do you get out of a running rut? Sometimes I just really do not feel like going out for a run! Does this ever happen to anyone else? I feel lazy or tired or let's be honest: not wanting to shower after I run (because A. I'm lazy). I've found a few tricks to help me get through a running rut and would love to know what yours are as well!
- Switch up my running route. Pick somewhere where you've NEVER run before and head on out there! This one always helps me and gets me excited to explore.
- Test out new clothes/shoes/tech gear etc. Anything new and shiny always speaks to me and gets me motivated to test it out! I've got a new pair of Brooks Ghost 10s waiting for me to test out on tomorrow morning's second-to-last marathon-paced run!
- Play with your paces or try out a new workout. Maybe try a ladder workout or switch your paces up at every light post.
- Give yourself 10 minutes to get outside and try out running. If you're still not feeling it after that, then maybe it's time to take a day off.
- Try to give yourself something fun as a reward for after you get your run done. Some of my favorites: mani/pedi , ice cream, bookstore shopping (i know..i'm a geek), epsom salt bath, dinner out, etc.
What are some of your favorite ways to get yourself out of a running rut?
Happy Tuesday! What's one thing you're looking forward to doing today? <-- taking an epsom salt bath tonight!!! Also got a new Hello Fresh delivery last night, so looking forward to a delicious healthy meal that requires very little planning.