Started out the morning with a nice 30 minute total body strength training session, 10 minutes of foam rolling, and 20 minutes on the bike!
My work-out this morning included:
- 2 sets of 15 squats on the bosu ball with 10 Ib free weights (with bicep curls transitioning to tricep extensions overhead)
- 2 sets of 15 curtsies on the bosu ball (15 on each side)
- 2 sets of 15 single leg deadlifts with 10 Ib free weights (15 on each side)
- 2 sets of 10 reverse v-ups (not sure what these are exactly called) with feet on the stability ball
- 2 sets of 20 mountain climbers with forearms on the stability ball
- 2 sets of 45 second side planks with side crunch (45 seconds on each side; about 12 crunches)
- 2 sets of 10 v-ups with alternating rotations with a 10 Ib medicine ball
Can we talk about how stunning my drives into work have been lately?! I love this time of year! Spring running is always amazing, I can leave my headlamp at home, and never need to stress about not being seen on the roads.
The weather for us over the next few days is seriously bumming me out. It was SNOWING on-and-off here all day and higher elevations may get 3-9 inches of snow tonight! I want spring weather, Colorado! My skis have already been tucked away until next season...
This entire week I have seriously been SO exhausted. I always feel this way the last few training weeks of a marathon training cycle- anyone else feel this way too? I'm trying to keep myself well-hydrated and am determined to get more shut-eye the last three weeks before race day to help ease the marathon taper-craziness!
Some other things that I like to do to keep the taper-crazies at bay:
Schedule some time to pamper yourself (new haircut or mani/pedi?), try out some new recipes that you pinned (curb the rungriness), take an extra nap (or three), craft time, spring cleaning, or take a day-trip to a National or State Park near you!
Hopefully these ideas will help you take advantage of all the free-time that you have now that you are tapering and stop those taper-crazies before they start!
Also how cute is she?! This is her "im sitting down like you wanted me to, now give me the food humans". Happy HUMPDAY