This week went 10 x better than previous weeks and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with this training plan! I finally didn't feel defeated after any run this week and I crushed both of my SOS (something of substance) workouts. If nothing else comes out of this training plan, I'm happy to embrace the almost-euphoric runners high that I got from each training run this week. Hoping this feeling continues. I did also start to feel a bit of tightness in my left foot (thinking it's a touch of plantar faciitis- I get a few days of pain then I focus on a lot of stretching/ rolling my foot out/ epsom salt baths and it improves), but it went away after a few days of extra TLC. Otherwise, I'm feeling strong and ready to head into my one of three high mileage weeks (over 60 miles!) before the taper/ race-day (which is only 54 days away now!).
Monday: 6 miles easy on the treadmill @ 10:20 & 20 minutes of strength
Tuesday: 7 miles. 1.5 warm-up; 3 x 1 mile @ 7:20 (actual: 7:19, 7:19, 7:23) w/ 400R; 1.5 cool-down. This run also includes two of my FASTEST MILES EVER RUN! I ran a 7:19 in my first split, then beat that with an even faster 7:19!
Wednesday: 6 miles easy @ 10:09 & 20 minutes of strength
Thursday: 11 miles- 1.5 warm-up; 8 miles @ MGP 8:46 (actual: 8:35); 1.5 cool-down. This run felt amazing!
Friday: 10 miles easy on the treadmill @ 10:01
Saturday: 10 miles easy on the trails around the lake @ 10:30. I was super happy with my pace since this was a total trail run and on some pretty tough hilly terrain. It was perfect weather out!
Sunday: Rest day. 6 mile hike with Stella
- Hit my Tempo Run with pace 11 seconds faster than expected
- Hit my mile repeats on the track (with no cheer squad)
- Fit in 2 strength training sessions
- Foam rolled the majority of days
- Took 3 epsom salt baths
- Diet was on-point & super hungry all the time!!
- Running schedule is finally starting to feel easier and less overwhelmingly hard/difficult/impossible to fit it all in
- Sleep was priority
- Foot started to hurt a bit after my amazing tempo run
- Always hungry!!
- Chafing. Ugh. This should just always be a negative to any training