Can you believe that the last day of the YEAR is SUNDAY?!? How did December go by so quickly? Also I'd really love it if we could just extend out the Holidays for maybe 3-4 weeks rather than just 1 week between Christmas & New Years Eve. I just love this time of year so much! I wanted to reflect on my year of running & races today, since it is my last post of 2017.
Best Race of 2017: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon
Most Mentally Challenging Race: Revel Rockies Marathon
Most Beautiful Course of 2017: Jackson Hole Hole Half Marathon
Smallest Race of The Year: Run For The Zoo Half
Coldest Race of The Year: Walt Disney World Marathon
Overall, I tallied up some pretty great stats for 2017:
- I checked off two more states this past year (New Mexico & Wyoming)
- I overcame a kidney infection, 2 nights spent in the hospital, & anemia
- I increased my weekly mileage from ~35 miles/wk to ~63 miles/wk
- I decreased my marathon PR by 8 minutes
- I decreased my half marathon PR by 4 minutes
- I will have tallied over 1, 733.10 miles this year!
- I ran 3 marathons
- I collected 8 medals & received 4th place in my AG for the Jackson Hole half marathon
- I started this blog!
What accomplishments are you most proud of for 2017?
Did you crush any of your goals or create new ones for 2018?
Favorite race you did this past year?