Happy Humpday! Marathon training is finally HERE! I cannot believe it. I'm also super pumped to finally get training and focus 100% on the Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas Marathon. It's honestly one of my FAVORITE races and I look forward to it every year. I did the marathon last year (and the half in 2016) and everything about it is amazing. I love how the race is at night so you never have to stress about the sun beating down on you at any point of the race and the 5k the day before is the perfect shakeout run. I can't WAIT! Since training "officially" began last week (but it was also a recovery week from my 50k), I took Monday & Tuesday completely off of running and limited myself to just an easy easy 6 recovery miles every day last week. SO, the mileage was pretty consistent and nothing too crazy, but was perfect to flush out my legs from all those trail miles and keep my heart rate low.
Here's what training last week looked like:
- Monday, July 16th: OFF/20 minutes of easy strength training (focus just on abs/arms- no legs)/ 15 minutes of recovery yoga (still LOVING jasyoga videos!)
- Tuesday, July 17th: OFF/rest day
- Wednesday, July 18th: 6 miles easy before work @ 10:20 min/mi 141' UP/ 10 minutes of strength
- Thursday, July 19th: 6 miles easy before work @ 10:05 min/mi ; 621' UP
- Friday, July 20th: 6 miles easy before work @ 9:54 min/mi ; 156' UP
- Saturday, July 21st: 6.05 miles easy later in the morning on a full blueberry pancake belly & under a hot hot sun @ 10:06 min/mi ; 631' UP
- Sunday, July 22nd: 6.05 miles easy in the late afternoon after driving back from Ft. Collins. This was done in the window between two crazy thunderstorms, so I just stayed on my road by our house (which meant an impromptu hill repeat workout (without the sprints)) @ 10:11 min/mi ; 1,191' UP
Total mileage: 30.1 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 2, 740'
What are you currently training for?
Anyone else ever run Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas or any other Rock 'n Roll Race?? --> I've done the Denver one before, but really want to do either Seattle or Virginia Beach!
Do you still run outside when it's thundering or lightning?? --> I normally don't, unless I can see on the radar that it's gone from our area then I head out!