HOW IS IT MARCH?!? Did February actually happen? Am I the only one who feels this way?! I always LOVE March because 1. Spring starts 2. It's the month before my birthday (which just makes it even greater) and 3. We are that much closer to flip flop season!! So, because yesterday was the last day of the month and today is the first day of the month, you know what that means! I am for sure keeping on my schedule of hitting all my New Years Resolutions and checking in on them.
I actually started something new last month and found it completely helpful to achieving my goals and getting shit done! I gave myself a few goals for the month that reflect my overall goals for 2018. They weren't anything crazy (and I didn't get them ALL done), but they were super helpful! Especially my fundraising goals for the month- breaking it down into smaller monthly (A, B, and C fundraising $ amounts) was seriously a game-changer.
Alright, SO here were my 2018 February goals & the results:
- Read 2 books - I finished one and am about halfway through the next, so getting there!
- Sign Up for One Race Goal - Check! I'll be announcing this one tomorrow ; )
- Cook 1 recipe from scratch- Check! Pasta with olive oil/ veggies/ sausage/ spices..it was pretty good! Not sure what to call it though...hmmm...
- Purchase Car- Check! Well, I went from leasing to owning (still making monthly payments) but that's a start!
- Fundraising Goals: crushed. it. ! <--I start with C which is pretty reasonable and A which is ultimate and use B as a nice middle ground. Seriously helps so much!
- A. < $5, 000 CHECK!
- B. <$4, 500 check!
- C. < $4,000 check!
- et up March/April fundraiser- this one is still in the works, but I've got a few balls rolling!
Alright, SO here are my 2018 March goals (I start by reviewing my 2018 goals & work from there)! They're pretty lofty, but March is a longer month so I'm optimistic that I can get most of them done. If I only get to half, I'll still be pretty happy and closer to crushing my goals for the year.
- Read 2 books
- Put <$500 toward student loans (besides monthly payments)
- Take 2 youtube crochet videos
- Do Yoga 1x per week
- Outline likes/dislikes & find careers that align with those
- Fundraising Goals:
- <$6, 500
- <$6, 250
- Finalize March/April/May fundraisers (need probably 2)
- <$6, 250
- <$6, 500
How do you like to check in on your goals and break down big ones into smaller ones? <-- I like to think of it like a 'long run' that I break up into 'smaller runs'. Rather than looking at it like I've got a big 20 miler planned, I think of it as I have 4 x 5 mile runs because 5 miles is relatively easy and nice amount of miles that aren't too intimidating.
How are you doing with your goals for 2018 and for the month?!
Have a great Friday eve all! I am off tomorrow from work and am sooo looking forward to this long weekend (AND checking off some of these goals) ; )