This week was the week of the treadmill....ugh. Below zero (or single digit temperatures)/ freezing rain/ snow/ ice/ 50 mph winds you name it, this week probably had it (besides nice sunny weather). I managed to get ONE of my six runs outside. It's a good thing that I like the treadmill, but 5 runs on it was a bit too much and I was seriously craving some vitamin D sunshine and fresh air (instead of sweaty). Oh winter- how I love you, but also sometimes how I wish it were spring... 50 more miles in the MS Run The US Training bank & Salt Lake City training bank as well. I hope you have a great hump day!
Monday: 1.5 mile warm-up; 8 miles @ Goal Marathon Pace 8:23 (actual: 8:20); 1.5 mile cool-down --> 11 miles total
Tuesday: 6 recovery miles @ 10:00 pace
Wednesday: 1.5 warm-up; 3 x 1600 at 7:08 (actual: 7:08, 7:07, 7:05) at .5% incline; 1.5 cool-down --> 7 miles total & 45 minute HIIT/Core/Stretch class at lunch (this class kicked.my.butt -> we didn't use any weights, but just a ball and pilates band and it was killer!)
Thursday: 6 recovery miles total OUTSIDE! 9:50 pace; 5 miles solo & last one cool down with Stella
Friday: 10 miles easy @ 9:50 & 10 minutes of strength/stretching/ foam rolling & epsom salt bath to recover at night
Saturday: 10 miles easy @ 9:50 & 10 minutes of foam rolling
Sunday: Rest Day
- Positive Splits:
- Hit both my SOS (something of substance workouts) workouts
- Kept treadmill running at an incline (varied between 0.5% to over 4.0% on one of my 10 mile runs)
- Fit in a few strength training sessions
- Kept hydration & nutrition in check (for the most part... some candy was definitely consumed over the week ; )....)
- Negative Splits:
- So many treadmill runs! (not bad...just slightly boring & missing the fresh air)
- Would have liked to have had more time for full body strength sessions
- Not enough foam rolling (really should be doing this everyday, not just a few times a week)
How's your training going?!?
I'm thinking of signing up for an ultra in the late summer<-- am I crazy?!? Have any recommendations?!
What's on tap for you today? <- thinking of probably doing my long run either this afternoon (since I've got time and it will be beautiful out) or just sticking with my normal schedule and doing my strength workout this morning (6 x 1 mile repeats) & hopefully fitting in some strength work!